Clinical Document Exchange: Initiator Role
If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
Clinical Document Exchange: Initiator Role (15.5 minutes • 07-2022)
If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
Learn how to use Clinical Document Exchange to retrieve patient information from other health care providers in PCC EHR.
- Here are some related articles in Manage and Administer Your PCC Tools > Configure Other PCC EHR Features > Manage and Administer Your PCC Tools:
- Contents1 What is Clinical Document Exchange?1.1 The Carequality Framework1.2 The Responder Role1.3 What Data will be Shared?1.4 Who has Access to Patient Data?1.5 Is Clinical Document Exchange Safe and Secure?1.6 Do patients or their families need to consent to Clinical Document Exchange?1.7 What Does it Cost?1.8 How do I Participate?2 Getting Started with Clinical Document […]
- This demo walks you through the charting experience in PCC EHR, focusing on many of our pediatric-specific features and workflows.
Add and Configure Immunizations in PCC EHRPCC EHR provides tools for charting, ordering, administering, billing, and tracking immunizations. When your practice begins using a new vaccine, or wants to change how immunizations are displayed, you can adjust your immunization configuration. PCC Support can help you with any part of this configuration.
- PCC EHR stores MVX and CVX codes with each immunization you administer. You can enter your office's MVX and CVX codes in the Table Editor (
ted) of Partner.
Use Auto-Notes to Insert Your Standard Text in a Chart Note FieldPCC EHR can enter your default Normal or Abnormal notes at the click of a button while you chart.
Configure PCC EHR Session Timeout (Automatic Logout)You can configure how long an inactive PCC EHR window will remain open. Set the session timeout length in the Practice Preferences window in the Tools menu.
- Nurses and physicians measure vitals and enter them quickly into a patient's chart. To make this process match your office's workflow, you can configure PCC EHR's temperature and blood pressure method defaults (oral, tympanic, right arm, etc.) as well as whether you use English or Metric measurements for other vitals.
Configure Procedure and Diagnosis Billing in PCC EHRUse the Billing Configuration tool to configure billing behaviors of procedures and diagnoses and the Billing screen in PCC EHR. Follow the procedures below to open the Billing Configuration tool and make changes.
Submit Immunization Records to CAIRIf your practice is located in California, you can use PCC software to submit your patients' immunization records to CAIR, the California Immunization Registry.
- If your practice needs some visits signed and co-signed, you can turn on co-signing and then require it for specific users.
PCC EHR Configuration IntroductionYou can configure PCC EHR to match your workflow and charting style. You can change how many screens behave in order to help your office find what they need quickly. The help articles below include procedures and references to make changes to PCC EHR's behavior.
- You can turn on and off some of the columns on the Schedule screen.
Configure Lab Orders and Lab Tests in PCC EHRPCC EHR's labs can contain several result fields, have default facilities, initiate tasks for the tasks queue, and use numerous other features. Your common labs can automatically appear for selection on appropriate chart notes. Read the sections below to understand everything you need to know about lab configuration.
- Use the Professional Contact Manager tool to manage the list of your practice's professional contacts, school medical personnel, and other professionals who may be part of care plans for many different patients.
Configure Diagnoses in PCC EHRClinicians can select diagnoses on a chart note, or add a new diagnosis to a patient's Problem List. Read the sections below to learn how to configure how diagnoses are recorded.
- PCC EHR can alert you about specific clinical concerns, based on a patient's demographics, diagnoses, or other complex criteria combinations.
Submit Immunization Records to RegistriesPCC EHR can automatically send completed immunization orders to your local immunization registry.
- This video provides an in-depth look at lab order configuration in PCC EHR. Along the way, you'll learn how to assign specific LOINC tests to a lab order, configure an order for electronic results, control default order privacy settings, and more.
Configure User Selection ListsEHR user drop-down lists can be configured to sort in numerous ways.
Clinical Instructions OverviewA quick overview of configuring and using Clinical Instructions in PCC EHR
Configure Visit Statuses in PCC EHRContents1 Customize Your Practice’s Visit Statuses2 Customize Your Visit Status Counters PCC comes with a set of visit statuses that you can use to indicate patient status on the schedule screen. PCC encourages each practice to configure its own visit statuses to compliment the practice’s workflow. Customize Your Practice’s Visit Statuses You can add any […]
Understand Chart Note ProtocolsA quick summary of chart note protocols in PCC EHR
- Begin working with a visit by reviewing pertinent patient history and taking vitals.
- Learn special techniques for searching for patient and account records.
Find Unbilled Visits and Eliminate Lost RevenueUse Reports in PCC EHR to follow up on missed charges to improve revenue.
Configure Document Categories, File Sources, and Default BehaviorsPCC EHR enables you to pull in documents from various sources and attach them to charts, visits and orders. Use the Document Administration tool to configure defaults and options for how PCC EHR handles these documents.
Data Security Best Practices for your Pediatric PracticeLearn best practices for keeping data secure at your pediatric practice. HIPAA guidelines: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/training/index.html Privacy and Security from healthIT.gov: https://www.healthit.gov/topic/privacy-security-and-hipaa/health-it-privacy-and-security-resources-providers
Restrict Access to Reports in the PCC EHR Report LibraryContents0.1 Reports Without a Category1 Restrict Access to Customize Report and Manage Categories When you want to limit access to certain report categories to one or more user roles, click the “Manage Categories” button in the Report Library window. To manage access, select a category and click the “Edit” button, then select one or more […]
Restrict and Grant Access to Report Library CategoriesWatch this video to learn how to restrict and grant access to reports in PCC EHR's Report Library.
Configure PCC EHR for Telemedicine EncountersContents1 Create Telemedicine Visit Reasons for Scheduling2 Select Your Telemedicine Vendor3 Configure Telemedicine Links for Your Providers and Patients4 Add New Visit Statuses to Help Manage Telemedicine Visits5 Create a Telemedicine Visit Protocol6 Add Telemedicine Procedure Codes and Prices to Your PCC System6.1 Create a Telemedicine Procedure Group6.2 Add Telemedicine Procedures, Codes, and Prices7 Update […]
- Learn how to create and track lab orders for COVID-19 tests.
Send Chat Messages to ColleaguesPCC EHR's Chat allows you to message colleagues quickly without having to install and log in to a separate tool.
Find Encounter Charges That Need to Be PostedContents1 Review the Schedule Screen and Messaging Queue Daily for Billing Status Updates1.1 Ready to Post1.2 New Items2 Set Default Billing Status Filters3 Run the Encounters by Billing Status Report4 Establish a Billing Routine4.1 Contact PCC for Additional Workflow Support Your pediatric practice renders so many services in a day that it can be difficult […]
Generate Outbound Lab and Radiology RequisitionsContents1 Configure In-Office Lab Orders and Facilities1.1 Configure In-Office Lab Facilities1.2 Map In-Office Lab Facilities to Appointment Locations1.3 Configure a Default Facility for In-Office Lab Tests2 Set Up Default Document Categories for Lab and Radiology Requisitions3 Configure Provider Signatures to Automatically Appear on Lab and Radiology Requisitions4 Configure Custom Requisition Forms4.1 Learn More After ordering […]
Generate Patient Forms with Information from a Specific Encounter in PCC EHRRead this article to learn how you can generate form letters that include encounter and chart information in PCC.
Video: Schedule Reports in PCC EHRSchedule a report to run automatically, periodically
Video: Group Chat Messages in PCC EHRAn overview of the group chat features in PCC EHR's chat tool.
Send CHADIS Questionnaires Directly Through the Patient PortalWhen you schedule an appointment in PCC, your practice can automatically send patients and families CHADIS questionnaires through the patient portal. Results will show up right in the encounter’s chart note, like any order. You can use CHADIS questionnaires to gather important diagnostic, screening, and other valuable information in advance of an encounter.
- Watch a brief overview of configuring CHADIS questionnaires and results in PCC EHR.
Switch to the New Forms Solution in PCC EHRSwitch to a new forms solution in PCC EHR that empowers you to create and manage your own auto-filling forms, handouts, policies, and letters.
Get Started with Direct Secure MessagingWatch how to get started with Direct Secure Messaging, a HIPAA-compliant method in PCC EHR similar to email that empowers you to communicate and share records with other healthcare providers.
Send, Receive, and Reconcile Direct Secure MessagesLearn how to send, receive, and reconcile Direct Secure Messages, a HIPAA-compliant method in PCC EHR that empowers practices to communicate and share records with other healthcare providers.
Clinical Document Exchange: The Responder RoleLearn how to exchange clinical information with health care providers through Clinical Document Exchange, how to configure settings for patient consent, and how to get started with the Responder Role at PCC.
Configure E-Lab Orders in PCC EHRLearn how to configure electronic lab orders in PCC EHR.
Add E-Lab Users and Import E-Lab ResultsLearn how to grant permissions for access to incoming E-Labs in PCC EHR and how to import an incoming e-lab result.