Configure PCC EHR Session Timeout (Automatic Logout)
You can configure how long an inactive PCC EHR window will remain open. Set the session timeout length in the Practice Preferences window in the Configuration menu.
PCC EHR will close its windows when users leave their computers unattended for longer than the indicated time. Session Timeout is a feature required for HHS ONC certification, part of the ARRA/Meaningful Use rules.
Permissions: Access to the Practice Preferences is controlled through the PCC EHR User Administration Tool. Contact your office’s PCC EHR administrator if you need to set Practice Preferences.
- Here are some related articles in Manage and Administer Your PCC Tools > Configure Other PCC EHR Features:
Add and Configure Immunizations in PCC EHRPCC EHR provides tools for charting, ordering, administering, billing, and tracking immunizations. When your practice begins using a new vaccine, or wants to change how immunizations are displayed, you can adjust your immunization configuration. PCC Support can help you with any part of this configuration.
- PCC EHR stores MVX and CVX codes with each immunization you administer. You can enter your office's MVX and CVX codes in the Table Editor (
Use Auto-Notes to Insert Your Standard Text in a Chart Note FieldPCC EHR can enter your default Normal or Abnormal notes at the click of a button while you chart.
- Nurses and physicians measure vitals and enter them quickly into a patient's chart. To make this process match your office's workflow, you can configure PCC EHR's temperature and blood pressure method defaults (oral, tympanic, right arm, etc.) as well as whether you use English or Metric measurements for other vitals.
Configure Procedure and Diagnosis Billing in PCC EHRUse the Billing Configuration tool to configure billing behaviors of procedures and diagnoses and the Billing screen in PCC EHR. Follow the procedures below to open the Billing Configuration tool and make changes.
Submit Immunization Records to CAIRIf your practice is located in California, you can use PCC software to submit your patients' immunization records to CAIR, the California Immunization Registry.
- If your practice needs some visits signed and co-signed, you can turn on co-signing and then require it for specific users.
PCC EHR Configuration IntroductionYou can configure PCC EHR to match your workflow and charting style. You can change how many screens behave in order to help your office find what they need quickly. The help articles below include procedures and references to make changes to PCC EHR's behavior.
- You can turn on and off some of the columns on the Schedule screen.
Configure Lab Orders and Lab Tests in PCC EHRPCC EHR's labs can contain several result fields, have default facilities, initiate tasks for the tasks queue, and use numerous other features. Your common labs can automatically appear for selection on appropriate chart notes. Read the sections below to understand everything you need to know about lab configuration.
- Use the Professional Contact Manager tool to manage the list of your practice's professional contacts, school medical personnel, and other professionals who may be part of care plans for many different patients.
Configure Diagnoses in PCC EHRClinicians can select diagnoses on a chart note, or add a new diagnosis to a patient's Problem List. Read the sections below to learn how to configure how diagnoses are recorded.
- PCC EHR can alert you about specific clinical concerns, based on a patient's demographics, diagnoses, or other complex criteria combinations.
Submit Immunization Records to RegistriesPCC EHR can automatically send completed immunization orders to your local immunization registry.
- This video provides an in-depth look at lab order configuration in PCC EHR. Along the way, you'll learn how to assign specific LOINC tests to a lab order, configure an order for electronic results, control default order privacy settings, and more.
Configure User Selection ListsEHR user drop-down lists can be configured to sort in numerous ways.
Clinical Instructions OverviewA quick overview of configuring and using Clinical Instructions in PCC EHR
Configure Visit Statuses in PCC EHRContents1 Customize Your Practice’s Visit Statuses2 Customize Your Visit Status Counters PCC comes with a set of visit statuses that you can use to indicate patient status on the schedule screen. PCC encourages each practice to configure its own visit statuses to compliment the practice’s workflow. Customize Your Practice’s Visit Statuses You can add any […]
- Learn special techniques for searching for patient and account records.
Configure Document Categories, File Sources, and Default BehaviorsPCC EHR enables you to pull in documents from various sources and attach them to charts, visits and orders. Use the Document Administration tool to configure defaults and options for how PCC EHR handles these documents.
Restrict Access to Reports in the PCC EHR Report LibraryContents0.1 Reports Without a Category1 Restrict Access to Customize Report and Manage Categories When you want to limit access to certain report categories to one or more user roles, click the “Manage Categories” button in the Report Library window. To manage access, select a category and click the “Edit” button, then select one or more […]
Restrict and Grant Access to Report Library CategoriesWatch this video to learn how to restrict and grant access to reports in PCC EHR's Report Library.
Configure PCC EHR for Telemedicine EncountersContents1 Create Telemedicine Visit Reasons for Scheduling2 Select Your Telemedicine Vendor3 Configure Telemedicine Links for Your Providers and Patients4 Add New Visit Statuses to Help Manage Telemedicine Visits5 Create a Telemedicine Visit Protocol6 Add Telemedicine Procedure Codes and Prices to Your PCC System6.1 Create a Telemedicine Procedure Group6.2 Add Telemedicine Procedures, Codes, and Prices7 Update […]
Video: Schedule Reports in PCC EHRSchedule a report to run automatically, periodically
Switch to the New Forms Solution in PCC EHRSwitch to a new forms solution in PCC EHR that empowers you to create and manage your own auto-filling forms, handouts, policies, and letters.
Get Started with Direct Secure MessagingWatch how to get started with Direct Secure Messaging, a HIPAA-compliant method in PCC EHR similar to email that empowers you to communicate and share records with other healthcare providers.
Clinical Document Exchange: Initiator RoleLearn how to use Clinical Document Exchange to retrieve patient information from other health care providers in PCC EHR.
Install and Set Up the Authy AppContents1 Install the Authy App1.1 On iPhone1.2 On Android2 Register Your Device3 Set Up Notifications and One-Touch Approval3.1 On Your Phone4 Access Your Authy Account on a New Device The Authy app turns your smartphone into a secure password generator for taking certain actions on your PCC system. Secure Authy passwords are used in conjunction […]