Post Charges and Bill for an Encounter
Once an encounter is ready for billing, how do you post charges and queue up a claim? What about hospital charges, or special administration charges? This section includes videos and references for post new charges in PCC EHR, and adjusting claim information and entering payments along the way.
Watch this video to learn how to review encounter information and post charges for an appointment in PCC EHR.
After you complete a phone note or portal message thread in PCC EHR, you can bill for the encounter right in PCC EHR.
Schedule a telemedicine appointment with optional video connection information and then chart and bill the visit using PCC EHR. Patients and families will see telemedicine information in the portal, and billers will have everything they need to post charges and queue up a claim.
You can review all of a patient's billable encounters in the Billing History section of a patient's chart.
- After the clinician charts a visit, phone note, or portal message and selects diagnoses and procedures on the electronic encounter form, you can “check out” the encounter by posting charges. As you post charges, you can review and update patient information (like insurance eligibility), double-check the linking and codes that the clinician selected, and post […]
- You can review all of a patient's billable encounters in the Billing History section of a patient's chart.
- PCC automatically checks insurance eligibility for all of a scheduled patient's active insurance plans, if the carriers support automated eligibility. You can use eligibility features in PCC to review and confirm eligibility for upcoming appointments. You can also review and re-check a patient's insurance eligibility status during Patient Check-In.
- After you bill a visit in PCC EHR, you can return to the patient chart and review what was sent to the
- Your practice can bill for phone calls and portal messages. Read this article to learn how to chart and bill for a phone encounter (or portal message thread). You'll also find configuration instructions and tips for turning phone calls and portal messages into billable telemedicine encounters.
- You can quickly and easily reconcile payments that your practice has posted in PCC EHR. Run the Payment Reconciliation report in order to prove out, checking against your cash drawer and records at the end of the day or the end of your shift. Open the Payment Reconciliation report from the Report Library in PCC […]
- Learn how to schedule, chart and bill a telemedicine visit with PCC.
- Read this article to learn about configuration options and implementation recommendations for the Post Charges features in PCC EHR.
- Learn how to post a forms fee or any other administrative charge that could occur outside the context of an appointment.
- Read this procedure to learn how to create a hospital encounter on a patient's chart, post hospital diagnoses and charges, adjust claim information, and queue up a claim.