If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
- Here are some related articles in Billing and Practice Management > Get Started in Billing and Practice Management > Billing and Practice Management > Post Charges (Check Out a Patient) > Front Desk > Check Out a Patient:
- Contents1 Overview Procedure: Post Charges and Payments in PCC EHR2 When is an Appointment Ready to Post?2.1 Can You Post Charges While Another User Edits the Account’s Charges?3 Post Charges for Phone Note and Portal Message Encounters4 Post Charges for Hospital Visits and Other Charges with No Appointment5 Review and Update Patient and Encounter Information […]
- PCC automatically checks insurance eligibility for all of a scheduled patient's active insurance plans, if the carriers support automated eligibility. You can use eligibility features in PCC to review and confirm eligibility for upcoming appointments. You can also review and re-check a patient's insurance eligibility status during Patient Check-In.
- Learn how to review and link diagnoses and procedures and make a visit ready for billing in PCC EHR.
- While charting a visit in PCC EHR, you can use the Bill feature to edit an electronic encounter form and send procedures and diagnoses to the Partner billing system for patient checkout. The sections below describe the billing procedure, how to review what was billed, and how to configure the electronic encounter form.
- Follow the procedure below to send procedures and diagnoses from PCC EHR to the Partner Checkout (
- After you bill a visit in PCC EHR, you can return to the patient chart and review what was sent to the
- Your practice can bill for phone calls and portal messages. Read this article to learn how to chart and bill for a phone encounter (or portal message thread). You'll also find configuration instructions and tips for turning phone calls and portal messages into billable telemedicine encounters.
- You can quickly and easily reconcile payments that your practice has posted in PCC EHR. Run the Payment Reconciliation report in order to prove out, checking against your cash drawer and records at the end of the day or the end of your shift. Open the Payment Reconciliation report from the Report Library in PCC […]
- Learn how to schedule, chart and bill a telemedicine visit with PCC.
- After you complete a phone note or portal message thread in PCC EHR, you can bill for the encounter right in PCC EHR.
- Schedule a telemedicine appointment with optional video connection information and then chart and bill the visit using PCC EHR. Patients and families will see telemedicine information in the portal, and billers will have everything they need to post charges and queue up a claim.
- Use the COVID-19 section of your Practice Vitals Dashboard to track and analyze the impact on your practice. Along with details on your practice's charges, payments, and visit volume, you'll find recommendations and links to more resources.
- Read this article to learn about configuration options and implementation recommendations for the Post Charges features in PCC EHR.
- Contents1 Review the Schedule Screen and Messaging Queue Daily for Billing Status Updates1.1 Ready to Post1.2 New Items2 Set Default Billing Status Filters3 Run the Encounters by Billing Status Report4 Establish a Routine Billing Maintenance Schedule4.1 Contact PCC for Additional Workflow Support After clinicians sign their visit notes, it’s up to billers to make sure […]