PCC EHR has a complete suite of tools for managing medications and prescriptions.
As you create prescriptions in PCC eRx, you can review and update patient medications, track and use a family's preferred pharmacies, review a patient's drug benefit plan and pick medications accordingly, and review alerts related to a patient's drug allergies, drug-to-drug interactions, and other circumstances. PCC eRx is endlessly customizable, and you can use powerful features like weight-based dosing and built-in dosing statements to improve your patient workflow, save time, and provide better care.
Watch and read the content below to learn more about PCC eRx and medications in PCC EHR.
Watch this quick guide to learn how to set up staff and clinicians in your office to use the e-prescribing features in PCC EHR.
Watch this video to learn how to prescribe medications in PCC eRx in PCC EHR.
Use the Rx Queue to sign prescriptions and approve renewal requests that are waiting for review.
Watch this video to learn how to work with drug allergies in PCC EHR.
Weight-based dosing and other prescription adjustments and prescribing tools in PCC EHR.
An overview of the Medication History in PCC eRx, and how to use it to both review patient information and update current meds in PCC EHR.
Watch this video to learn how to turn on EPCS access, register a prescriber, and how to register tokens.
How to create Custom Medication Items in PCC eRx.
Working with favorites in PCC eRx
Learn how to use custom search terms and orderable exclusions to streamline your prescribing process in PCC eRx.
- Learn how to prescribe medications in PCC eRx.
- Use the Rx Queue in PCC EHR to work with alternate prescription workflows. You can quickly respond to renewal requests, sign agent prescriptions, and finalize pending prescriptions.
- At every visit, you ask patients what medications they are on. In PCC EHR, you can quickly review and update the chart record of a patient's medications. Special medication history features and tools make prescribing faster.
- PCC EHR tracks allergies in each patient’s chart. When the chart is up-to-date, PCC EHR can automatically warn you about drug allergies as you prescribe, create lists of patients based on allergies, and display custom alerts to users whenever they work with a patient’s chart.
- Before a clinician or staff member can prescribe medications or modify a patient’s medication information, they must have PCC eRx enabled on their user account in PCC EHR. Follow the procedure in this article below to enable PCC eRx for providers or any staff at your practice. When you are ready to set up a […]
- Learn how to edit, add, remove, and manage your prescription favorites in PCC eRx.
- Your practice can use PCC EHR to prescribe and renew controlled substances electronically. The EPCS process requires additional security and identity verification measures.
- Special tips and features of each component in the PCC eRx section of a patient's chart.
- Your practice can create custom medication entries to make it easier to find and prescribe non-standard prescriptions or instructions, such as the "magic mouthwash" compound, a particular piece of medical equipment or supply, or your practice's preferred albuterol inhaler dosing.
- In 2017, PCC released the all-new PCC eRx. Since that time, PCC has rolled out dozens of updates, medication adjustments, and fixes to bugs that you helped us find.
- You can save time when you search for a drug in PCC eRx by creating search short cuts, hiding unused drugs and dosing statements, and following some best practices when you search.
- PCC eRx is set up to be very conservative by default. As you prescribe, PCC eRx will alert you to any drug-to-drug interactions or allergy warnings, and other contraindications for the selected medication. You can adjust these alerts to meet the true needs of your practice. You can turn them down a notch, turn them […]