Create and Complete Procedures, Referrals, Labs, and Other Orders
- As you review a chart note or create a phone note, you may need to order a referral, a nebulizer treatment, a lab, or another action for the patient. The procedure below shows how to create orders.
- While you work with a patient, you can order labs, injections, supplies, or medical procedures. Select the appropriate items in the patient's chart note and click "Order". Then click "Edit" to enter details or modify tasks for that order. Later, any nurse or provider can complete the tasks and enter results, either from the Schedule queue, the Visit Tasks queue, or from within the chart.
- Partner's Lab program can help your office manage their labs and fulfill some clerical aspects of the CLIA regulations.
- The sections below explain how to fulfill orders in PCC EHR. Orders include labs, immunizations, referrals, screenings, radiology, and medical procedures.
- Your hospital or a 3rd-party lab vendor such as LabCorp or Orchard Trellis can send lab test results directly to PCC EHR. An integration agreement is required. Contact PCC Support to learn about your options.
- You may need to review complete lab results, print them out with all details, or even remove an order that was recorded in a patient's record by mistake. Read the sections below to learn all the options for reviewing lab and order information.
- In PCC EHR, you can manage immunization lots, track and adjust lot amounts, and use reports to manage your vaccine inventory.
- When you are filling out a lab requisition, referral, or a request for DME, you may need the ICD-10 codes for a patient’s diagnoses. In PCC EHR, you can quickly review ICD-10 codes for patient diagnoses and Problem List items on the Diagnosis flowsheet. First, open a patient’s chart and navigate to the Flowsheets section […]