Patient Medical Record Privacy
If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
Patient Medical Record Privacy (10.5 minutes • 9-2017)
If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
Use and configure PCC software to ensure patients' PHI is only available to those with permission to view it.
- Here are some related articles in Manage and Administer Your PCC Tools > Manage and Administer Your PCC Tools:
Connect to Your PCC System from HomeConnect to PCC EHR using SecureConnect from your home or remote office. Follow the instructions below to configure your personal computer and connect.
- All PCC clients have a guaranteed support plan. You should always feel free to contact PCC for help with our software, hardware, or services. Talk to PCC when you are considering new hardware or software, making major configuration changes, or moving your office. Let us know so we can help!
- When you start using PCC at your practice, will your patient and account records already appear in PCC, or will you be entering everything from scratch?
Review Your PCC Data ConversionAfter PCC completes your data conversion from your previous practice management system, you must review the new data in your Partner system to ensure that the conversion was successful. Were all patients and accounts transferred to the Partner system? Are patient medical records identical between the old system and Partner?
Prepare for a PCC Software UpdateWhen a software update for PCC is ready for your office, what should you do to prepare?
Storm and Emergency PreparationWhen bad weather or other emergencies approach, your Partner practice and PCC EHR data may be the last thing on your mind. By taking a few simple precautions, you can protect your equipment as well as your patient database and accounts receivable records.
Installation Specifications for PCC SystemsWelcome to PCC. The instructions below contain a detailed explanation of the hardware installation requirements for PCC systems. These specifications define what is included in your PCC Customer Care Plan and provide information to help you avoid problems during the design and installation of your office network.
- This page contains software downloads that help you connect to PCC's software or that facilitate PCC services. Some of these items were created by a third-party. If you are uncertain what download you need, please contact PCC Support.
Patient Care Centers in PCC SoftwareIf your practice has multiple locations that operate independently, you can turn on the Care Center feature in PCC software. Once the feature is turned on, you can assign patients to a specific care center.
- Visit support.pcc.com to review your open support tickets and get help.
- Follow the procedure below to add a PCC EHR user.
Change Passwords and Other User Account SettingsFollow the procedure below to change a user's PCC EHR password or name, lock out a user, or unlock a locked user.
Install and Configure PCC EHR on a New ComputerPCC EHR runs on a large server at your practice or in the cloud. A small software program, called the "client" software, runs on each of your Windows PCs, or MacOS workstations. How do you install the client software on a new laptop or desktop so it can connect to PCC EHR?
Update PCC EHR on Your ComputerIf the PCC EHR client software on your PC, Macintosh, or Linux device is not up to date, the login window will tell you.
- PCC EHR has an Emergency Access mode which allows specified users to have access to features that would otherwise be locked. You can set who should have Emergency Access permission by granting the permission to any user role in the User Administration tool.
Set User Roles for Permissions and SecurityYou can use the User Administration tool to define permissions and account attributes for the PCC EHR users at your practice. First, run the User Administration tool to define user roles. Then, assign one or more roles to each user account. Read below to learn more.
- Use the PCC EHR Audit Log to review details about system events pertaining to a patient's chart.
PCC eRx – Set Up Staff and CliniciansWatch this quick guide to learn how to set up staff and clinicians in your office to use the e-prescribing features in PCC EHR.
Patient Medical Record PrivacyUse and configure PCC software to ensure patients' PHI is only available to those with permission to view it.
Protect Patient Privacy OverviewPCC includes many different tools and features to help your practice make sure a patient's medical information is protected.
Steps to Take in PCC EHR When a Provider Leaves the PracticeWhen a Provider leaves your practice, there are certain steps that you should take to turn off the provider's access to your system, handle outstanding tasks and prescriptions, and remove them from your practice's day-to-day workflow.
Troubleshooting Slowness in PCC EHRThere’s a wide range of causes for software slowing down- some that you may be able to deal with on your own, and some that PCC Support can help you with, and some that our Development Group may need to investigate and resolve. Either way, there’s a few things you can check out before calling PCC that will either resolve the issue for you, or help PCC find and fix them cause.
Manage User Accounts and PasswordsLearn how to reset passwords, disable user accounts, and add a new user to your PCC System.
Update Your PCC Email PreferencesContents1 Set Email Preferences for PCC Updates and Announcements2 Set Email Preferences for PCC Community and PCC Talk3 Change Email and Contact Information for Individual Communication from PCC PCC reaches out to one or more folks at your office via email, and PCC services (like the online PCC Community) have optional email notifications. If your […]