Follow the links below to find content, services, and features that will help pediatric practices during the COVID-19 Coronavirus crisis.
Rapid Development of COVID-19 Related Features: PCC launched a series of rapid updates in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2020, we beta tested and rolled out new functionality, and have released six major updates to all clients with new features for telemedicine, office communication, COVID-19 vaccine support, and more. To review these new features, visit the Updates page.
PCC EHR supports tracking the administration, charting, and billing of the new COVID-19 vaccines. Whether or not your practice administers a COVID-19 vaccine, you can configure PCC EHR to display the vaccination on chart immunization records when patients are vaccinated.
Continuous Updates to Your System: During 2021, PCC is continually patching and updating client systems with new CVX, MVX, VIS listings, billing code validation, and corresponding information as new vaccines are approved and new codes are announced.
Read the Latest News: PCC tracks what’s happening with COVID-19 vaccines. To learn more, read our latest blog posts: Pediatric COVID Vaccinations: How to Prepare Your Practice and Discussing Benefits of COVID-19 Vaccination with Families.
Get Started With COVID-19 Vaccines in PCC EHR: For a guide to available vaccines, how to set them up in your PCC system, and how to order, administer, bill, and track a COVID-19 vaccine, read COVID-19 Vaccines in PCC EHR: Configure, Order, Administer, and Track.
Connect With Patients and Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Why and How Pediatric Practices Should Launch a Recall Initiative Today
- Run a Pediatric Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic
- Schedule, Chart, and Bill for a Telemedicine Encounter (Video, Article)
- Send Broadcast Messages to Patients and Families (Video, Article)
- Bill For Phone Calls and Portal Message Encounters (Video, Article)
- Create a Telemedicine Visit Protocol (Video, Article, Sample Protocol)
- Send a Single Text Message Directly to a Family Waiting in Their Car (Video Coming Soon, Article)
- Connect to Your PCC System From Home
- Telemedicine Billing Code Time Table
- Telemedicine Vendors for Pediatric Practices
- Video: Dr Hagan On Performing Well Visits via Telemedicine
- What Are the Current Telemedicine Rules in Your State? The Center for Connected Health Policy is regularly updating a state-by-state chart of Telemedicine guidelines. Visit their COVID-19 RELATED STATE ACTIONS page, and then click the “View a Quick Reference Chart” link for the most up-to-date information.
Code and Bill During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Code and Bill for a COVID-19 Related Encounter
- Create COVID-19 Lab Orders in PCC EHR (Video, Article)
- Change an Encounter’s Billing Place of Service After Posting Charges
- PCC’s COVID-19 Coding Guide (PDF)
- Web Lab: March 2020 Pediatric Coding Web Lab featuring COVID-19 coding issues
- Webinar: Telemedicine Services – Usage, Billing, & Coding During COVID-19 with PCC’s Jan Blanchard (SOAPM 2020 ‘Fireside’ Series)
- Password: soapm_COVID-19
- March 2020 SNOMED-CT Update Adds COVID-19 Diagnosis and More
Other PCC COVID-19 Information Resources
- Best Practices for Pediatrics in the COVID-19 Era
- Apply to the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund for Medicaid
- Analyze and Respond to COVID-19’s Impact in Your PCC Dashboard
- See the The Business Impact of COVID-19 on Pediatric Practices across all PCC practices
- COVID-19 Community Forum for Pediatricians
- The PCC Blog
- Chip’s Blog
- Webinar Series: The Business Impact Of COVID-19 On Pediatric Practices
- Watch The Business Impact Of COVID-19 On Pediatric Practice part 5 recorded Thursday, April 16th
- Read PMI’s white paper The Uncertain Future Of Pediatric Practices As The COVID19 Pandemic Evolves by Paul D.Vanchiere, MBA