PCC remains open and available to help your office through this difficult period. Follow the links below to find content, services, and features that will help pediatric practices during the COVID-19 Coronavirus crisis.
Rapid Development of COVID-19 Related Features: PCC has launched a series of rapid updates in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are beta testing and rolling out new functionality in direct response to the situation as it evolves. We have produced two larger sets of feature updates, which roll out as the PCC April COVID-19 Release and the PCC June COVID-10 Release. You can also watch the PCC COVID-19 Updates Video Playlist. To learn about other updates in 2020, visit the PCC Learn Updates page.
Connect With Patients and Families During COVID-19
- Why and How Pediatric Practices Should Launch a Recall Initiative Today
- Run a Pediatric Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic
- Schedule, Chart, and Bill for a Telemedicine Encounter (Video, Article)
- Send Broadcast Messages to Patients and Families (Video, Article)
- Bill For Phone Calls and Portal Message Encounters (Video, Article)
- Create a Telemedicine Visit Protocol (Video, Article, Sample Protocol)
- Send a Single Text Message Directly to a Family Waiting in Their Car (Video Coming Soon, Article)
- Connect to Your PCC System From Home
- Telemedicine Billing Code Time Table
- Telemedicine Vendors for Pediatric Practices
- Video: Dr Hagan On Performing Well Visits via Telemedicine
- What Are the Current Telemedicine Rules in Your State? The Center for Connected Health Policy is regularly updating a state-by-state chart of Telemedicine guidelines. Visit their COVID-19 RELATED STATE ACTIONS page, and then click the “View a Quick Reference Chart” link for the most up-to-date information.
Configure PCC EHR For COVID-19 Vaccines
PCC EHR supports tracking the administration, charting, and billing of the new COVID-19 vaccines. Whether or not your practice administers a COVID-19 vaccine, you can configure PCC EHR to display the vaccination on chart immunization records when patients are vaccinated.
In early January of 2021, PCC will patch all pediatric practices with the CVX and MVX codes, as well as with listings for the VIS sheets, for the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines. As additional vaccines become available, we’ll keep your system up to date.
To add a COVID-19 vaccine to your system, you must first add the procedure descriptions, codes, and prices to your Procedures table. You can find COVID-19 vaccine descriptions and codes on the CDC’s website. Next, contact PCC Support to complete your immunization configuration. They will complete your configuration so that you can add COVID-19 lots to your lot manager and optionally add the order to your chart note protocols. You can read Configure Immunizations in PCC EHR to learn more.
For more information about storage, preparation, and administration of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, visit the CDC’s Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine page.
Code and Bill During COVID-19
- Code, and Bill for a COVID-19 Related Encounter
- Create COVID-19 Lab Orders in PCC EHR (Video, Article)
- Change an Encounter’s Billing Place of Service After Posting Charges
- PCC’s COVID-19 Coding Guide (PDF)
- Web Lab: March 2020 Pediatric Coding Web Lab featuring COVID-19 coding issues
- Webinar: Telemedicine Services – Usage, Billing, & Coding During COVID-19 with PCC’s Jan Blanchard (SOAPM 2020 ‘Fireside’ Series)
- Password: soapm_COVID-19
- March 2020 SNOMED-CT Update Adds COVID-19 Diagnosis and More
Other PCC COVID-19 Information Resources
- Best Practices for Pediatrics in the COVID-19 Era
- Apply to the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund for Medicaid
- Analyze and Respond to COVID-19’s Impact in Your PCC Dashboard
- See the The Business Impact of COVID-19 on Pediatric Practices across all PCC practices
- COVID-19 Community Forum for Pediatricians
- The PCC Blog
- Chip’s Blog
- Webinar Series: The Business Impact Of COVID-19 On Pediatric Practices
- Watch The Business Impact Of COVID-19 On Pediatric Practice part 5 recorded Thursday, April 16th
- Read PMI’s white paper The Uncertain Future Of Pediatric Practices As The COVID19 Pandemic Evolves by Paul D.Vanchiere, MBA
Useful Information From Other Sources
American Academy of Pediatrics
Center for Disease Control
World Health Organization
- CMS: CMS Releases New Tools to Streamline Certification for Labs Testing for COVID-19
- New York Times: Vaccine Rates Drop Dangerously as Parents Avoid Doctor’s Visits
- healthychildren.org: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Johns Hopkins University: COVID-19 Global Cases Tracker by Center for Systems Science and Engineering