Configure Chart Notes and PCC EHR Components
You can use PCC EHR's Protocol Configuration Tool to create and edit custom chart notes, phone notes, and order follow-up notes in PCC EHR.
- First, you can design and edit components, or the "building blocks" for a chart note, in the Component Builder.
- Next, you can use the Protocol Builder to assemble those components into protocols and configure their onscreen behavior.
- Finally, the Protocol Map controls which protocols will be used to generate chart notes for provider visits.
Good custom protocols lead to faster and more efficient charting and result in more consistent care for patients. PCC Software Support can train you on the PCC EHR Protocol Configuration Tool and provide ongoing support as your providers adapt PCC EHR to their workflow.
Check Out Awesome Examples: PCC hosts a web site displaying protocols created by pediatric practices around the country. You can review these award-winning chart notes at protocols.pcc.com.
A quick summary of chart note protocols in PCC EHR
- Run the PCC EHR Configuration tool to edit components, work on your custom chart notes, or modify the Medical Summary or Demographics sections of the chart. The Protocol Configuration tool is found in the Tools menu.
- PCC EHR's Protocol Configuration Tool creates and edits custom chart notes, phone notes, and order follow-up notes in PCC EHR.
- Follow the steps below to use the Protocol Configuration tool to clone or create a new protocol and add components to that protocol.
- Use the Component Builder to create or edit the different components that make up a protocol. You can create a custom component to deal with a particular charting need, with your own wording, and then use the Protocol Builder to add that component to relevant chart notes. You can also use the Component Builder to modify the details or wording of different components, such as adding a new available items to the History or Review of Systems components.
- Read the examples below to learn how to create or edit an order, set default behaviors, and add specific LOINC tests for charting.
- Follow the steps below to use the Protocol Configuration tool to add the correct, age-specific immunizations to Well Child chart note protocols.
- You can add many special components, which appear elsewhere in a patient's chart, to your customizable chart note protocols. These include siblings, growth charts, Recent and Upcoming Appointments, any Medical Summary component, and any Demographics component.
- After you Open the Protocol Configuration Tool, click on "Protocol Builder" to create or edit a chart note protocol.
- Components are the building blocks of protocols, which are used to generate chart notes for visits. By understanding the different component types and the available specialized components, you will be able create useful new sections for your chart notes and configure them.
- Use the Protocol Map to determine which protocols will be used for chart notes for specific visit reasons and providers.