The Appointment Book is a powerful scheduling tool that is fast, easy to use, and provides pediatric-specific features that help your practice master its schedule.
How do you mark a doctor as off for today, and where do I enter their vacation days? How do you change their well visits to 15 minutes? Can you limit scheduling permissions for certain users? How do you update your practice's calendar, or a single clinician's calendar, with hours that are appropriate for the season? Can you open up the calendar month by month?
Watch the videos and read the articles below to learn how to configure the Appointment Book for you practice.
Learn how to specify who can schedule and configure your schedule, which providers are schedulable, and set up visit reasons for your practice.
Learn how to create templates of hours and visit types and then "open up your calendar" by assigning templates, entering vacations, and managing your practice's calendar.
- Learn how to configure your schedule, turn on Appointment Book permissions, define visit reasons, adjust your practice's calendar and each provider's hours, enter vacation days, and more.
- Partner Scheduling ConfigurationIf you use PCC's older, SAM scheduling system, these articles will help you set up and configure your schedule.
- Training Video
- Training Video
- Training Video
- Partner contains a list of providers, visit reasons, and time profiles that the scheduler uses when making appointments. An important step to scheduling configuration is making sure that each of these lists has the correct items.
- If you use the Partner SAM scheduling system, you can use the
scrodprogram to indicate when providers have hours.
scrodis a calendar on which you schedule when a provider works their regular hours, other profile, "strange hours," or is off.
- Partner's scheduler can manage the diverse and complicated scheduling needs of dozens of clinicians.
- The Configuration Editor (
ced) contains sets of questions that control how Partner programs function.
cedis the control panel for Partner, setting preferences for each program as well as configuration options for insurance claims and practice information.
- If your practice uses Partner's SAM scheduler, use the Provider Profile Machine (
profile) to set the work hours for each provider.
- Review and Place Partner SAM Schedule Blocks
- The Consistent Sick Call Blocker (
cscb) is the most commonly used tool for placing blocks. It takes a list of blocks and places them for the dates you enter. Before you run
cscb, you should review and revise the template file that contains the list of what blocks will be placed. First you edit the file that describes the blocks, then you run
cscbto place those blocks.
- To add effective blocks to your schedule, you need to understand your blocking needs. Partner has several different tools for manipulating blocks. Once you have decided how you want your providers' schedules blocked, you can choose the block types and blocking programs that best suit your needs.
- Most medical offices schedule appointments weeks or months in advance. As a result, providers may be booked solid for weeks ahead of time. While keeping providers busy is vital, it is important to leave some time available in a provider's day.
addblockprogram adds single blocks to your schedule. Is a provider going to be out of the office for an important meeting? Enter the date and time into
addblockto block scheduling at that time. You can also review existing blocks, read block notes, and remove blocks from within
- Editing the list of blocks in the template files has no effect on your schedule. You must run the Consistent Sick Call Blocker (
cscb) to put the templates in place, creating the blocks.
escb, you can handpick times you want blocked for each week. Enter a date, a time frame, and the provider's name, and
escbwill block that time for you. This is convenient for offices whose blocking times change quite often, because
escballows you to personalize the blocking schedules on a daily basis.
- If you are trying to schedule for a busy day next week, you may decide to remove some of the upcoming sick blocks early. If a previously scheduled meeting is canceled, you may want to remove a block that was placed to prevent scheduling during the meeting. How do you remove scheduling blocks?
- The Standard Sick Call Blocker, or SSCB, is the original sick call blocker designed for
sam. The SSCB automatically places blocks for you, and it can vary the amount of sick call time to block based on the number of doctors scheduled to work on any given day. Once configured, Partner makes sure your providers' schedules are adequately blocked several months ahead of time.
- Before modifying your blocks, you should make sure your block types are set up correctly. To do this, you will use the Table Editor (
ted) and the Configuration Editor (
ced). If you are not familiar with these tools then you should refer to your office's system administrator or contact PCC for assistance.