If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
- Here are some related articles in Manage and Administer Your PCC Tools > Configure Chart Notes and PCC EHR Components:
- Bright Futures is a national health promotion and prevention initiative led by the American Academy of Pediatrics. PCC provides Bright Futures chart note protocols, periodicity schedules, handouts, and more to all PCC practices.
- Watch detailed examples of how you can adjust chart note protocols in PCC EHR.
- Use the Component Builder to create or edit the different components that make up a protocol. You can create a custom component to deal with a particular charting need, with your own wording, and then use the Protocol Builder to add that component to relevant chart notes. You can also use the Component Builder to modify the details or wording of different components, such as adding a new available items to the History or Review of Systems components.
- Run the PCC EHR Configuration tool to edit components, work on your custom chart notes, or modify the Medical Summary or Demographics sections of the chart. The Protocol Configuration tool is found in the Tools menu.
- Read the examples below to learn how to create or edit an order, set default behaviors, and add specific LOINC tests for charting.
- Follow the steps below to use the Protocol Configuration tool to add the correct, age-specific immunizations to Well Child chart note protocols.
- You can add many special components, which appear elsewhere in a patient's chart, to your customizable chart note protocols. These include siblings, growth charts, Recent and Upcoming Appointments, any Medical Summary component, and any Demographics component.
- PCC EHR's Protocol Configuration Tool creates and edits custom chart notes, phone notes, and order follow-up notes in PCC EHR.
- After you Open the Protocol Configuration Tool, click on "Protocol Builder" to create or edit a chart note protocol.
- Components are the building blocks of protocols, which are used to generate chart notes for visits. By understanding the different component types and the available specialized components, you will be able create useful new sections for your chart notes and configure them.
- Follow the steps below to use the Protocol Configuration tool to clone or create a new protocol and add components to that protocol.
- Use the Protocol Map to determine which protocols will be used for chart notes for specific visit reasons and providers.
- A quick summary of chart note protocols in PCC EHR
- Learn how to configure chart notes and other protocols in PCC EHR.
- Contents1 Create a Telemedicine Protocol for Sick Visits1.1 Customize Other Chart Note Protocols for Telemedicine In PCC EHR, you can create and customize chart note protocols for different visit types. PCC recommends you create a “Telemedicine Sick” protocol, along with other telemedicine-based protocols you expect to schedule. Those protocols can then be configured to appear […]
- Learn how to create a chart note protocol for telemedicine visits.
- Learn how to configure electronic lab orders in PCC EHR.