Edit Patient and Family Information
When you work with patients and families, you need to update their demographics, adjust their billing account, flag accounts for various needs, and more. How do you set a patient's confidential communication preference? How do you handle a family with two households?
PCC EHR's demographics components appear in the Demographics section of the patient chart, and they can also appear during Patient Check-In, on the chart note, or anywhere your practice needs them. By mastering these components, you'll be able to help your families quickly and easily.
Read and watch the topics below to learn how to update patient and family records.
Learn how to update patient and family information in PCC EHR.
- Before patients can be scheduled or procedures can be posted, you need to add the patients and their family account(s) to PCC. This article will guide you through a basic procedure for adding a new patient and a family account: try to find the patient, add the patient, and then add the family (if they are new to your practice).
- Use the Demographics section of a patient's chart to review and edit patient and family demographics, such as patient information, contact information, insurance policies, and siblings.
- Learn special techniques for searching for patient and account records.
- Edit Patients and Families in Partner
- Watch this video to learn how to edit accounts and patients in Partner.
- In this video, PCC's Lynne Gratton teaches Partner's account editor, the Family Editor (fame).
- In this video, PCC's Lynne Gratton teaches you how to use Partner's Patient Editor (notjane).
- The Patient Editor (
notjane) manages patient information. You can run
notjaneto add a new patient to Partner, view an immunization record, research visit history, or read about a patient's major diagnoses and allergies.
- The notes screens in the Family Editor (
fame) and Patient Editor (
notjane) are useful places to store information about interactions with patients or families. If you have an unusual billing situation with a family, you might use the notes screen in
fameto store details.
- Finding a patient or an account is the first step to many actions in Partner. Whenever you wish to post a payment, check an immunization record, or update demographic information, you must first find the relevant patient or account.
- The Family Editor,
fame, manages account information. You can run the Family Editor to add a new family to Partner, update family demographics, or enter notes about the account. You can also review an aged balance summary, run a collection report, generate account form letters, or review an account's transaction history.
- Partner is a family billing system. It stores information about every patient, but it also stores a database of accounts, or "families." A family account may be the custodian of the patient, the bill-payer for the patient (the "guarantor"), or both. Three siblings may all have one family account serving as both guarantor and custodian. That family account will be listed in Partner under a parent's name. Alternatively, children from a divorced family may have one family account assigned as the guarantor and a different account assigned as the custodian.