Jan Blanchard, PCC’s certified pediatric coder, offers monthly coding web labs to all PCC clients.
She covers how to code for both simple and unusual visit types, how to handle the differences between ICD-10 and SNOMED-CT descriptions, and how to configure PCC’s software products to best meet the coding needs of your busy office.
Attend the Next PCC Coding Web Lab
You can sign up for the next PCC Coding Web Lab by clicking here:
Watch a Previous PCC Coding Web Lab
You can review PCC’s Coding Web labs to get caught up, learn about PCC’s tools, and see examples of ICD-10 in action.
Click below to review the presentation, video, or accompanying materials for each PCC Coding Web Lab.
|Date||Topics||Presentation||Additional Links and Handouts|
|2017||June 15th||Answers to Your Coding Questions and News From the AAP Coding Newsletter||slides||video|
|2017||May 17th||Answers to Your Coding Questions, Recent Updates||slides||video|
|2017||April 18th||Quarterly Coding Updates, AAP Coding Newsletter Highlights, 2017 SNOMED Updates||slides||video|
|2017||March 16th||Your Coding Questions and AAP Coding Newsletter Highlights||slides||video|
|2017||February||Your Coding Questions and AAP Coding Newsletter Highlights||slides||video|
|2017||January 17th||2017 RVU Changes, AAP Coding NL, Q&A, PCC Release highlights||slides||video|
|2016||December 16th||CPT 2017, PCC 7.6, Mapping and Your Questions||slides||video||SNOMED-CT to ICD-10 Manual Mapping Lists|
|2016||November 9th||PCC 7.6, ICD-10 2017 Guideline Edits, November’s AAP Coding Newsletter, and Your Questions||slides||video|
|2016||October 18th||PCC 7.6, NCCI Updates, Coding for Places of Service, HPCPS, and More||slides||video|
|2016||September 15th||2017 ICD-10 Update and Other News||slides||video|
|2016||August 17th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2016||June 14th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2016||May 18th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2016||April 12th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2016||March 15th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2016||February 18th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2016||January 13th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2015||November 17th||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2015||October 16th||ICD-10 Claims||slides||video|
|2015||October 6th||ICD-10 Post-Game Web Lab||slides||video|
|2015||September 30th||ICD-10 Pre-Game Web Lab||slides||video|
|2015||September||Monthly Coding Web Lab||slides||video|
|2015||August||ICD-10 Configuration for Partner||slides||video|
|2015||August||ICD-10 Configuration for PCC EHR||slides||video|
|2015||August||ICD-10 Coding Topics||slides||(No Video Recorded)|
|2015||April||Eczema and BMI||slides||video|
|2015||March||BMI and Dietary Counseling||slides||video|
|2015||February||Asthma, Imms, Flu, Well Care, Screenings||slides||video|
|2015||January||OM, 59 Modifier Changes||slides||video|
Other Links, Resources, and Publications
As you attend or watch one of PCC’s coding Web labs, you may hear about common coding references, web sites, or other coding resources. Here’s a list of links to coding resources that relate to the web lab content.
- PCCTalk: PCC users ask coding questions all day long on PCCTalk, our online forum and e-mail newsletter community. Sign up to get started!
- AAP Pediatric Coding Newsletter: All PCC clients have unlimited access to the AAP’s Pediatric Coding Newsletter, along with the Pediatric Red Book and other educational resources.
- ICD-10 Transition Help
- Donelle Holle’s Famous ICD-10 Pediatric Cheat Sheet: Donelle Holle, pediatric coding expert, put together a list of the most common pediatric ICD-10 codes. The most common of the most common are highlighted in red, and clicking on codes (on supported devices) will open a definition of the code at http://www.icd10data.com. Check it out! (You can also get get Donelle’s Cheat Sheet as an editable spreadsheet.)
- FREE AAPC Code Converter: The American Academy of Pediatric’s online ICD-10 code translator allows you to compare ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes. ICD-9’s 17,000 codes are expanding to approximately 141,000 ICD-10 codes, and this online tool can help you map that expansion.
- FREE WHO ICD-10 Learning Tool: The WHO Electronic ICD-10 training tool is designed for self-learning and classroom use. The modular structure of this ICD-10 training permits users to tailor specific course paths, if desired. For more information, read the introduction and the user guide to the tool.
- ICD-10 Implementation Guide for Small and Medium Practices: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS ICD-10 Transition: An Introduction: ICD-10 transition basics.
- FREE Codapedia Training Videos: You’ll need to become a member, but it’s free. Once you log in, you’ll have access to free ICD-10 training sessions by coding instructor Nancy Maguire.
- ICD-10-CM Tabular Lists and Indexes of Diseases and Injuries: CMS.gov’s page with index and tabular lists of ICD-10 tables.