If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
- Here are some related articles in Billing and Practice Management > Update Insurance Policies and Check Eligibility > Front Desk > Update Patient Insurance Policies and Check Eligibility:
- Use the "Policies" component to add, update, and work with a patient's insurance policies and medicaid plans in PCC EHR.
- PCC automatically checks insurance eligibility for all of a scheduled patient's active insurance plans, if the carriers support automated eligibility. You can use eligibility features in PCC to review and confirm eligibility for upcoming appointments. You can also review and re-check a patient's insurance eligibility status during Patient Check-In.
- When your practice updates a patient's insurance policies, your PCC server logs what was done, when it was done, and by whom. You can use the under-the-hood Policy Log (policylog) tool to review a log of all changes ever made to a patient's insurance policies.
- When a patient arrives at your practice, use Patient Check-In to check them in. Patient Check-In will help you review the family's demographic and insurance information, check insurance eligibility, review outstanding balances and post payments, and more.
- You can configure Patient Check-In in PCC EHR to meet the specific needs of your practice. You can adjust what components appear, create custom headers for your front desk staff, and create custom Patient Check-In Clinical Alerts.
- Watch this video to learn how to check in patients in PCC EHR. During check-in, you can review account information, update policies and verify eligibility, collect payment, and help patients and families get signed up with your patient portal.
- Configure Patient Check-In to meet the needs of your practice.
- Learn how to verify patient insurance eligibility with PCC.
- Contents1 Use Print Visit Forms Tool to Print All Forms for a Day’s Appointments2 Print or Reprint Visit Forms For a Single Encounter What do you hand patients and families when they walk in the door? Your practice may generate educational handouts specific to a visit reason, encounter forms for the clinician, and other visit […]
- Is a family waiting in the car before their appointment? Do you need to send a family a URL link for a telemedicine connection? You can now send a text message directly to a patient’s cell phone number.