Meaningful Use, CQMs, ARRA's EHR Medicaid Incentives, and PCMH
Pediatric practices can apply for ARRA's EHR Medicaid Incentive program, or various Patient Centered Medical Home programs, to receive payments while improving patient care.
Introductions: EHR Medicaid Incentive Program or PCMH?: Read the introductory articles to learn more:
Run the Reports: Ready to look at your data?
Measure By Measure: How can you configure your system, and adjust your practice workflow, for Meaningful Use Measures and Clinical Quality Measures?
PCC EHR is Certified for ARRA and PCMH: PCC EHR is a 2014-edition certified EHR (CEHRT). Additionally, by using PCC EHR, your practice is pre-validated for automatic credits towards PCMH recognition. (For 2011, PCC EHR had 15.25 automatic credits. Total 2014 auto-credits are still pending.) Many pediatric practices have used PCC to qualify for the ARRA EHR Medicaid Incentive Program and/or achieved level 2 and level 3 PCMH recognition.
- Depending on the state you live in, you can receive per-patient reimbursement from payors by becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home. When you meet PCMH standards, originally designed by the AAP, you help your patients and families gain access to care and you gain additional benefits for your practice.
- The 2009 ARRA Act led to the creation of the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. PCC practices that use PCC EHR can apply for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. The best summary of what the program does is found on CMS.gov: “The Medicaid EHR Incentive Program provides incentive payments to eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical […]
- How can you use PCC EHR to calculate the Clinical Quality Measures required for the second and third year of your ARRA EHR incentive application? How should you chart, and configure your system, in order to record medical information so that the reports are accurate?
- How can you use PCC EHR to meet the statistical Meaningful Use measures required for the second and third year of your ARRA EHR incentive application? How should you chart, and configure your system, in order to record medical information so that your numbers are accurate?
- The ARRA report calculates Medicaid plan utilization at your practice. You can use it to see the percentage of patient visits that are medicaid or medicaid eligible, broken out by physician. This report is designed to help your office determine if you may qualify for the ARRA incentive program. You can run the report from a command prompt or from a custom Partner window location.
- The Clinical Quality Measures report calculates your office's performance on CMS CQM guidelines. Follow the procedure below to use the report.
- The Meaningful Use Measures report calculates your office's performance on the Meaningful Use standards indicated in the ARRA guidelines and co-referenced in the PCMH requirements. Use this report to see your office's Meaningful Use statistics and apply for ARRA and PCMH funds.
- In October of 2015, CMS released the final ruling for requirements for the ARRA EHR Medicaid Incentive Program. Read this article to learn about the changes to the required measures and how they may affect PCC clients who are applying for the program.