Meaningful Use, CQMs, ARRA's EHR Medicaid Incentives, and PCMH
Pediatric practices can apply for ARRA's EHR Medicaid Incentive program, or various Patient Centered Medical Home programs, to receive payments while improving patient care.
Introductions: EHR Medicaid Incentive Program or PCMH?: Read the introductory articles to learn more:
Run the Reports: Ready to look at your data?
Measure By Measure: How can you configure your system, and adjust your practice workflow, for Meaningful Use Measures and Clinical Quality Measures?
PCC EHR is Certified for ARRA(MU) and PCMH: PCC EHR is a 2014-edition certified EHR (CEHRT) for Meaningful Use, additionally compliant with Modified Stage 2, appropriate for attestation for the ARRA Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. Also, by using PCC EHR, your practice is pre-validated for automatic credits towards PCMH recognition. Many pediatric practices have used PCC to qualify for the ARRA EHR Medicaid Incentive Program and/or achieved level 2 and level 3 PCMH recognition.
- Depending on the state you live in, you can receive per-patient reimbursement from payors by becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home. When you meet PCMH standards, originally designed by the AAP, you help your patients and families gain access to care and you gain additional benefits for your practice.
- As part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) created the EHR Incentive Program. This program began in 2011, and is often referred to as “Meaningful Use”. PCC practices that use PCC EHR can participate in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. What Exactly is […]
- How can you use PCC EHR to calculate the Clinical Quality Measures required for the second and third year of your ARRA EHR incentive application? How should you chart, and configure your system, in order to record medical information so that the reports are accurate?
- How can you use PCC EHR to meet the statistical Meaningful Use measures required for the second and third year of your ARRA EHR incentive application? How should you chart, and configure your system, in order to record medical information so that your numbers are accurate?
- The ARRA report calculates Medicaid plan utilization at your practice. You can use it to see the percentage of patient visits that are medicaid or medicaid eligible, broken out by physician. This report is designed to help your office determine if you may qualify for the ARRA incentive program. You can run the report from a command prompt or from a custom Partner window location.
- The Clinical Quality Measures report calculates your office's performance on CMS CQM guidelines. Follow the procedure below to use the report.
- The Meaningful Use Measures report calculates your office's performance on the Meaningful Use standards indicated in the ARRA guidelines and co-referenced in the PCMH requirements. Use this report to see your office's Meaningful Use statistics and apply for ARRA and PCMH funds.
- In October of 2015, CMS released the final ruling for requirements for the ARRA EHR Medicaid Incentive Program. Read this article to learn about the changes to the required measures and how they may affect PCC clients who are applying for the program.
- Whether you are tracking something for PCMH, Meaningful Use, pay for performance, or another program, you can use an order in PCC EHR to record medical information that meets reporting requirements. Learn how to set up your orders, and special tips and techniques to help your practice workflow.