PCMH, CQMs, Measures, and Incentive Programs
Pediatric practices can apply for various Patient Centered Medical Home programs to receive payments while improving patient care.
Introductions: What is PCMH?: You can learn more with these resources:
Run the Reports: Ready to look at your data?
Measure By Measure: How can you configure your system, and adjust your practice workflow, for the various Meaningful Use Measures and Clinical Quality Measures?
PCC EHR is Prevalidated for PCMH: By using PCC EHR, your practice is pre-validated for automatic credits towards PCMH recognition. Many pediatric practices have used PCC to achieve PCMH recognition.
Where is the EHR Medicaid Incentive Program?: From 2011 to 2017, many practices used PCC EHR to participate in the EHR Medicaid Incentive Program, sometimes referred to as the "ARRA" or "Meaningful Use" program. PCC EHR still includes reporting tools for measures in those programs and for understanding your medicaid population. For more information, talk to PCC Support.
- Depending on the state you live in, you can receive per-patient reimbursement from payors by becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home. When you meet PCMH standards, originally designed by the AAP, you help your patients and families gain access to care and you gain additional benefits for your practice.
- How can you use PCC EHR to calculate the Clinical Quality Measures (CQM) numbers required for PCMH and other incentive programs? How should you chart, and configure your system, in order to record medical information so that the reports are accurate?
- How can you use PCC EHR to meet the statistical Meaningful Use measures required for the second and third year of your ARRA EHR incentive application? How should you chart, and configure your system, in order to record medical information so that your numbers are accurate?
- The ARRA report calculates Medicaid plan utilization at your practice. You can use it to see the percentage of patient visits that are medicaid or medicaid eligible, broken out by physician. This report is designed to help your office determine if you may qualify for the ARRA incentive program. You can run the report from a command prompt or from a custom Partner window location.
- The Clinical Quality Measures report calculates your office's performance on CMS CQM guidelines. Follow the procedure below to use the report.
- The Meaningful Use Measures report calculates your office's performance on the Meaningful Use standards indicated in the EHR Medicaid Incentive Program guidelines and co-referenced in the PCMH requirements. Use this report to see your office's Meaningful Use statistics.
- Whether you are tracking something for PCMH, pay for performance, or another incentive program, you can use an order in PCC EHR to record medical information that meets reporting requirements. Learn how to set up your orders, and special tips and techniques to help your practice workflow.