Coding and Documentation
Learn about SNOMED, ICD-10, and rules and guidelines for documenting visits. PCC offers regular coding web labs and other great coding resources.
PCC's Jan Blanchard explains the importance of accurate documentation of established patient vs. new patient Evaluation and Management services.
How to document the history component of Evaluation and Management services, and how that documentation relates to coding.
How to document the physical exam component of Evaluation and Management services, and how that documentation relates to coding.
Guidance about making E&M leveling judgment calls, specifically between 99213 and 99214.
Use the information from our previous E&M videos to level a visit.
- Jan Blanchard, PCC’s certified pediatric coder, offers monthly coding web labs to all PCC clients. She covers how to code for both simple and unusual visit types, how to handle the differences between ICD-10 and SNOMED-CT descriptions, and how to configure PCC’s software products to best meet the coding needs of your busy office.
- In January of 2011, immunization administration CPT codes changed. The administration w/ counseling codes that pediatricians used previously (90465-90468) became invalid for billing. Two new codes (90460 and 90461) replaced them, and the replacement includes a change in the coding method, from per-shot to per-antigen.
- On October 1, 2015, insurance payers will stop accepting ICD-9 diagnosis codes for most claims and require ICD-10. How can your practice prepare for the ICD-10 transition?
- How are SNOMED-CT and ICD-10 used in PCC's products and services? Where will you see each taxonomy, and will you still see ICD-9 in your patient records? This article provides a basic overview of how these different code sets appear in PCC.
- Partner supports the American Medical Association's CPT II code specification, a subset of the standard CPT codes used for procedures.
- E&M services make up the bulk of the work you do as a pediatrician. PCC has educational content, tips and videos you can use to master E&M and improve your coding workflow.