Edit Patient and Family Information
Partner's Family Editor (
fame) and Patient Editor (
notjane) programs can handle the many different kinds of families and billing situations your office encounters. The policy screen, visible in the Patient Editor and other programs, stores the insurance policy record for each patient.
The topics below will explain how patient and families work in Partner and describe the many tasks you can complete in the
Watch this video to learn how to edit accounts and patients in Partner.
In this video, PCC's Lynne Gratton teaches Partner's account editor, the Family Editor (fame).
In this video, PCC's Lynne Gratton teaches you how to use Partner's Patient Editor (notjane).
- Before patients can be scheduled or procedures can be posted, you need to add the patients and their family account(s) to PCC. This article will guide you through a basic procedure for adding a new patient and a family account: try to find the patient, add the patient, and then add the family (if they are new to your practice).
- The Patient Editor (
notjane) manages patient information. You can run
notjaneto add a new patient to Partner, view an immunization record, research visit history, or read about a patient's major diagnoses and allergies.
- If your office has created duplicate patients or family accounts, you may need to merge them. Merging two patients combines data and saves a single set of basic demographic information. Merging two accounts combines the account billing and charge data so that it appears all of it occurred under one account.
- The notes screens in the Family Editor (
fame) and Patient Editor (
notjane) are useful places to store information about interactions with patients or families. If you have an unusual billing situation with a family, you might use the notes screen in
fameto store details.
- Finding a patient or an account is the first step to many actions in Partner. Whenever you wish to post a payment, check an immunization record, or update demographic information, you must first find the relevant patient or account.
- The Family Editor,
fame, manages account information. You can run the Family Editor to add a new family to Partner, update family demographics, or enter notes about the account. You can also review an aged balance summary, run a collection report, generate account form letters, or review an account's transaction history.
- If your practice uses Partner and does not use PCC EHR, you can still track and review a patient's immunizations record. It will be based on charges posted or immunization records that your practice entered manually. Partner can produce automatic school forms and warn a provider that a patient may be missing an immunization.
- Your practice can add a list of immunizations a patient may be missing to your paper encounter forms or other forms and handouts you generate from PCC's various features and tools.