Configure Partner and Billing Functions
Read the help articles in this section to learn about configuring your Partner practice management and billing services.
- Tables are lists of items your system reuses between Partner programs as well as PCC EHR. Partner's tables include your practice's list of insurance policies, your practice's physicians, visit reasons, abbreviations, procedures, diagnoses and others.
checkout, and nimms programs have appointment lists that make selecting a patient fast and easy. Instead of typing in a patient's name, you can pick from a list of patient appointments. When you need to, you can skip the list and enter a name, but the appointment lists save time and reduce mistakes.
- Snap Codes are groups of procedures and diagnoses that you can post all at once, by entering a single word or phrase.
- When you post charges for immunizations, there are also a series of codes with multiple units that need to appear for the immunization administration. Partner's Snap Codes feature can help your practice post those procedures and diagnoses.
- Partner and PCC EHR record and display immunization information in a number of ways, providing you with quick and easy school forms and complex reporting. When your practice begins using a new type of shot or combination immunization, you must add it to your software configuration. Read below to review the different configuration steps.
- Partner can track contract fee schedules, also known as allowables, in the Contract Fee Schedule Editor (
allowedit). You can create and manage multiple contract rates, make changes to expected fees that will occur after a specific date, and assign the completed contract fee schedules to selected insurance plans. The Post Insurance Payments (
pip) program will then display the contracted fee or "Allowed" amount when posting payments for charges pending those insurance plans.
- A Special Information File, sometimes called an I-bar file, controls how each procedure will be treated for an insurance company. Some insurance companies require different copay amounts for different types of visits. You may have special procedures that should only pend to certain insurance companies. Maybe you use different fee schedules for a medicaid insurance plan. All of these needs and more can be met with a custom I-bar file.
- Configure Providers
- You can add a new clinician to Partner's tables in just a few seconds. But what about scheduling and insurance claim configuration? Will reports work properly for the new clinician?
- Every insurance carrier requires the same clinician information for each claim: a name, a taxonomy code, a National Provider Identifier, and a Tax Identification number. Follow the procedure below to enter or update this information in Partner.
- Add and Configure Insurance Companies
- Families bring in new insurance cards all the time, particularly if you are a new client or if it is January. While taking time to add and configure a new plan in Partner is important, many new insurances can be added quickly and easily.
- This article is a reference to the Insurance Companies table and the Insurance Groups table, both of which are in the Table Editor (
ted). They contain information about the insurance policies in your system, and they effect billing and reporting.
hedfeprogram is a HCFA/CMS 1500 form editor. It can configure both the layout and the content of claim forms. You can use the program to move form data around or change how it is filled out. Simple errors on claim forms can delay payment and cost your practice both time and money. Therefore it is important to understand how Partner fills out HCFA forms and how to make changes to your forms when necessary.
- Do you need to replace all of a provider's identifiers with a different provider's values? Can Partner change a provider's name or Taxonomy code on some claims, or include a custom insurance eligibility ID#? How do you configure the legacy PIN and Group numbers required by some carriers? Partner's Provider IDs (
provids) program allows you to override any claim identifier information. Use
providsto set an alternate provider, or to enter custom values for the name, Taxonomy code, NPI, Tax ID, eligibility, or legacy ID numbers.
- Tricare North and Tricare South are merging into a new entity: Tricare East. If your practice wishes to submit claims to military families who were on Tricare North or Tricare South, you must become credentialed and enroll for electronic claim services, eligibility, ERAs, and optionally electronic funds transfer.
- Edit Form Letters
- Follow the procedure below to create a new form letter from scratch.
- What if you want to make a lot of changes to an existing letter and still keep the original as a back-up?
- When a form letter becomes obsolete, you may wish to remove it. The Delete option on the Advanced Commands screen will mark the selected letter for deletion.
- Partner can generate form letters, drawing information from a patient or account record. Partner includes a series of "fill in the blank" letters, and when you generate a letter, Partner automatically enters the correct information.
- The screen above shows a typical list of patient form letters in
waffle. For each letter,
waffledisplays two important pieces of information:
- Follow the procedure below to start waffle and make a basic change to an existing form letter. Then read the sections below to learn about all of
waffle's advanced features.
- When someone shares a form letter with you, it will arrive as an attachment to an e-mail message. You will be able to read the e-mail message the sender used and see the form letter attachment. You can preview the form letter and then add it your own set of
- After putting a lot of thought, time, and effort into designing a particular form letter, you may wish to share your form letter with other Partner users around the country. You could print a sample letter and fax it to your friend, but then they would have to retype the letter in
waffleon their system, and any special questions or other associated files would not be transferred.