Schedule a Patient
Your provider's time is one of the most important resources of your office. Managing that time is vital. You can schedule appointments in the PCC EHR Appointment Book, or in Partner's scheduling module,
sam. PCC's scheduling tools can help you reserve same-day sick time, tailor chart notes to custom visit reasons, and more.
Learn how to Use the Appointment Book in PCC EHR to schedule patients.
Learn how to specify who can schedule and configure your schedule, which providers are schedulable, and set up visit reasons for your practice.
Learn how to create templates of hours and visit types and then "open up your calendar" by assigning templates, entering vacations, and managing your practice's calendar.
- The Appointment Book is a visual scheduler inside PCC EHR.
- Learn how to configure your schedule, turn on Appointment Book permissions, define visit reasons, adjust your practice's calendar and each provider's hours, enter vacation days, and more.
- Schedule in Partner's SAMLearn how to schedule appointments and work with Partner's Scheduling Appointment Minder, "SAM"
- Watch this video to learn how to schedule an appointment in PCC's SAM program.
- Introduction to scheduling with Partner's "SAM", the Scheduling Appointment Minder, Part I
- Advanced Scheduling with Partner's "SAM", the Scheduling Appointment Minder, Part II
- New Patients and Other Views in Partner's "SAM", the Scheduling Appointment Minder, Part III
- The steps below will demonstrate multiple patient scheduling and teach you all the tools you need to find the best openings for them quickly.
- There are tools built into
samthat can help you review your schedule. There are also external scheduling reporting programs. The topics below will show you some of the different ways you can review your schedule for a provider or for your whole practice.
- Use inquire to look up a patient's future or past appointments. In
inquire, you can make changes to appointment status or appointment notes, or cancel an appointment. Finally, you can reschedule any appointment in inquire, moving an existing appointment to a new date and time.
- Your provider's time is one of the most important resources of your office. Managing that time is vital. Partner's scheduling module is called
sam, which is short for "
samprogram is a patient scheduling system that finds the best appointment time for your patients while helping to ensure your provider's time is used well.
- SAM Schedule Screen Reference
- The Day View displays a provider's appointments for a day as well as how busy each provider is on that day. You can review your office's schedule and book appointments in any time slot. You can jump to a date that is unavailable or full and force in an appointment, a feature unavailable on the Normal View.
- Who booked an appointment on your screen? Why is a unit of time double or triple-booked? The Normal View only shows basic information about each unit of time. Use the Detailed View to review a busy schedule, as well as double-book or remove blocks.
- The Normal View in the Scheduler offers available times based on the criteria you entered on the Search Criteria screen. The earliest and best matches for the criteria you entered will be in the middle row, and the first available match is highlighted, ready to be confirmed.
- You can launch the scheduler from several other Partner programs. For example, if your staff uses
pen(Phone Encounter Notes) to handle triage calls, you can schedule directly from that program. If your front desk needs to schedule a follow-up visit while checking out a patient, they can press [fkey title='F8' subtitle='Patient Schedule'] while posting charges in
checkoutand jump into the scheduler. In fact, the programs
tickle, and the
labmodule all have a link to
sam. If you use those tools, you will benefit from a direct link to the scheduler. Look for keys like this:
- Press [fkey title='F1' subtitle='Schedule Appt'] from the Normal, Detailed, Day, or Patient View to begin confirming appointments listed at the top of the screen. From the Notes and Confirmation screen you can enter notes and confirm the appointment:
- After you select a patient, you will see the SAM Search Criteria screen shown below. From here you can review information about the patient, add more patients and relatives for scheduling, jump to several other Partner programs, or enter visit criteria to schedule a new appointment.