Check Out a Patient
- Partner gives you complete control of under which provider or providers charges will be billed. Do you need a visit with provider A to be billed with provider B as the supervising physician? You can use the Charge Posting (
checkout) program to set the provider or assign an additional supervising provider, and you can also change the billing provider in the Correct Mistakes (
- The Daily Check program (
dailycheck) lists all the visits posted on a single day or range of days. The report includes every diagnosis, procedure, amount charged and payment posted. Use
dailycheckto review a day's postings and compare them against the encounter forms. Many office managers run dailycheck every evening or early the following morning.
- You can use a Snap Code while posting charges to automatically select procedures and diagnoses.
- Checkout Screen Reference
- Press [fkey title='F5' subtitle='Claim Info'] from the Post Charges screen to open the Claim Information screen.
- After you enter diagnoses and procedures in checkout, press [fkey title='F2' subtitle='Copay & Discount'] from the Post Charges screen to open the Copay & Discount screen.
- Your practice can customize the default lists of diagnoses and procedures that appear on the screen during checkout. Computer screens are too small to display the hundreds of different procedures and diagnoses that you may perform, so
checkoutbrings up a list based on the visit reason or other criteria.
- The Demographics screen in checkout contains basic information about the patient. You can press Enter or Tab to reach a field and make changes. Your changes will be saved when you continue to the next step by pressing Page Down or [fkey title='F1' subtitle='Next Step'].
- The Eligibility page, which optionally appears in checkout depending on your office's configuration, displays the patient's primary insurance policy and the most recent visit eligibility information.
- The fourth and final step of the
checkoutprogram is the Payments screen. The Payments screen displays the previous personal balance and the new personal charges. You can review any personal payments received before
checkout, add a new payment, and confirm the New Personal Balance.
- The Policies page in checkout contains insurance information for the patient. You can add a new policy before posting charges. For information about insurance policies in Partner, read Insurance Policies.
- After you select an appointment and complete other optional
checkoutsteps, you will see the Post Charges screen.
- After you enter diagnoses and procedures on the Post Charges screen during checkout, press [fkey title='F4' subtitle='Dates & Prices'] to change the provider for a specific procedure, enter service dates or hospital admission dates, or to change the price for a specific procedure.
- As you check in a patient, you can press Page Up or Page Down or F1 to cycle through each screen in
- When you press [fkey title='F1' subtitle='Post and Print'] from the Payments screen,
checkoutsaves the information you have entered, may print a receipt or ask if you want one printed, and shows you a wrap-up screen. Once you see the Wrap Up screen, the visit has been posted and saved.