Use the Table Editor (ted), Provider Profile Machine (profile), and Provider’s Work Calendar (scrod), along with blocks to make the PCC scheduler meet your scheduling needs.
- Partner's scheduler can manage the diverse and complicated scheduling needs of dozens of clinicians.
- The Provider Profile Machine (
profile) sets the work hours for each provider. Run
profilewhen you need to edit providers' IN and OUT times.
- The Configuration Editor (
ced) contains sets of questions that control how Partner programs function.
cedis the control panel for Partner, setting preferences for each program as well as configuration options for insurance claims and practice information.
- Assign Hours to Specific Dates
- Follow this procedure to open a
scrod, you can:
scrodprogram, sometimes called the "Provider Schedule/Profile Assignment" program, tells the Partner scheduling system when providers work.
scrodis a calendar on which you schedule when a provider works their regular hours, works hospital hours or some other special profile, works "strange hours," or goes on vacation.
- You can arrange your providers so they appear in a different order on the screen. Follow this procedure to change the order of providers in
scrodcalendar shows seven days at a time in columns across the screen. Each active provider is listed on the left hand side of the screen. Press Page Up or Page Down to scroll through the weeks. If you have more active providers than will fit on the screen, you can press [fkey title='F3' subtitle='Scroll Forward'] or [fkey title='F2' subtitle='Scroll Back'] to view the entire list.
- In addition to regular office hours, you may wish to set up other sets of hours, for different seasons or other purposes. Follow the procedure below when adding a new profile.
- Before you can schedule appointments for your providers, you must add them to Partner in the Providers table. First create a provider group for Partner reporting purposes, and then create the provider.
- Partner contains a list of providers, visit reasons, and time profiles that the scheduler uses when making appointments. An important step to scheduling configuration is making sure that each of these lists has the correct items.
- In the Visit Reasons table in
ted, Partner maintains a list of all appointment types, along with each provider's default appointment lengths. Use the table to review or change the types of visits your office schedules, or to change the default visit lengths for each reason for each provider.
- Work with SAM Schedule Blocks
- The Consistent Sick Call Blocker (
cscb) is the most commonly used tool for placing blocks. It takes a list of blocks and places them for the dates you enter. Before you run
cscb, you should review and revise the template file that contains the list of what blocks will be placed. First you edit the file that describes the blocks, then you run
cscbto place those blocks.
- To add effective blocks to your schedule, you need to understand your blocking needs. Partner has several different tools for manipulating blocks. Once you have decided how you want your providers' schedules blocked, you can choose the block types and blocking programs that best suit your needs.
- Most medical offices schedule appointments weeks or months in advance. As a result, providers may be booked solid for weeks ahead of time. While keeping providers busy is vital, it is important to leave some time available in a provider's day.
addblockprogram adds single blocks to your schedule. Is a provider going to be out of the office for an important meeting? Enter the date and time into
addblockto block scheduling at that time. You can also review existing blocks, read block notes, and remove blocks from within
- Editing the list of blocks in the template files has no effect on your schedule. You must run the Consistent Sick Call Blocker (
cscb) to put the templates in place, creating the blocks.
escb, you can handpick times you want blocked for each week. Enter a date, a time frame, and the provider's name, and
escbwill block that time for you. This is convenient for offices whose blocking times change quite often, because
escballows you to personalize the blocking schedules on a daily basis.
- If you are trying to schedule for a busy day next week, you may decide to remove some of the upcoming sick blocks early. If a previously scheduled meeting is canceled, you may want to remove a block that was placed to prevent scheduling during the meeting. How do you remove scheduling blocks?
- The Standard Sick Call Blocker, or SSCB, is the original sick call blocker designed for
sam. The SSCB automatically places blocks for you, and it can vary the amount of sick call time to block based on the number of doctors scheduled to work on any given day. Once configured, Partner makes sure your providers' schedules are adequately blocked several months ahead of time.
- Before modifying your blocks, you should make sure your block types are set up correctly. To do this, you will use the Table Editor (
ted) and the Configuration Editor (
ced). If you are not familiar with these tools then you should refer to your office's system administrator or contact PCC for assistance.