Check In Patients
checkinprogram checks in patients. During checkin, you can update account and patient information, update insurance information, review outstanding balances, check eligibility, and post a copay payment.
- What is your office's procedure for checking in patients? Do you review their address, check their insurance information, and ask them for their copay? Whatever your procedure,
checkinhas tools to help you. The procedure below covers all the screens in
checkin: Demographics, Additional Demographics, Eligibility, Insurance, Balance and Copay, and the optional Personal Payment screen.
- Use the Personal Payment screen in
checkinto post a copay or other payment received during checkin.
- When a patient is checked in, Partner records the time of checkin, the user who checked them in, and the office location. You can view that information using [fkey title='F5' subtitle='Show Details'] in checkout.
checkinto view the latest eligibility status response for any scheduled patient. Your front desk can use
checkinto review eligibility while confirming other demographic, insurance, and balance information.
- Checkin Screen Reference
- The second screen in
checkinshows extra demographic information and allows you to jump into other basic Partner programs.
- The Balance and Copay screen shows the expected copay, an aging summary of outstanding balances, and any available eligibility information for the patient. Function keys provide access to additional information and a tool for posting a copay payment.
- The first screen in
checkinshows demographic information and allows you to jump into other basic Partner programs. This screen is a great benefit to anyone using Partner, especially if they are at the front desk, answer phones, or need to use several different Partner programs with a patient at once.
- The Eligibility page, which appears in checkin when the patient has an appointment, displays the patient's primary insurance policy and the most recent visit eligibility information.
- The Insurance page shows you a list of all insurance policies associated with the patient. You can review a patient's active and expired policies. You can edit, add, move, delete, or expire any policy.
- As you check in a patient, you can press Page Up or Page Down or F1 to cycle through each screen in