Get Started in Partner
The topics below will teach you how to log in to Partner and navigate among Partner programs. You will also learn some of the basic tools and features that apply to most Partner programs, like the Find Routines and the Function Keys.
You can watch PCC training videos to learn Partner basics.
- Your Partner Server is both password protected and placed behind an internet firewall to protect your patient data from the outside world. From within your office, you will need a username and a password to log in to Partner.
- Whether you are editing demographics or posting payments, most programs are run for a patient or an account (a family). When you start running a program, you will be asked to select a patient or family. The
checkout(check out) programs offer lists of today's patients, but other programs ask for a name. You can also search by chart number, phone number, birth date, or several other variables, but the name is the easiest.
- No matter what Partner program you are running, the eight buttons across the bottom of the Partner window always correspond with F1 through F8 on your keyboard. The power of each key changes from program to program, but they are always labeled on your screen to help you understand their purpose.
- Your Partner window displays one program at a time. It is easy to jump from program to program, but if you want to run a check-in program and a check-out program at the same time, you can open a second window and switch back and forth between them with a single keystroke.
- Your office may have a front-desk printer for receipts, a chart room printer for encounter forms, and a back office printer for everything else. When you log in, you may have printer needs that are particular for you, or particular for where you are working today.
- After you have logged in to Partner, you will see the Partner Windows. These window menus can be customized for your office and for each user so they show exactly the programs you need most.