PCC’s eRx Expert, Morgan Ellixson-Boyea, CPhT, has started a blog that will help your practice make the most of your PCC EHR ePrescribing solution.
Where is the Blog?
To learn about prescribing tips, configuration, EPCS, and more, read the blog here:
What Can I Learn About?
Recent posts to the PCC eRx blog include:
- FIRST Compounding Kits: Where Are They?: How to find, prescribe, and set up custom medication entries for Metronidazole 50mg/mL oral suspension, Omeprazole 2mg/mL oral suspension, or Lansoprazole 3mg/mL oral suspension.
- Register Your Phone for EPCS – Unless You Plan to Never Lose Your Token
- Learn how to prescribe medications in PCC eRx.
- PCC EHR tracks allergies in each patient’s chart. When the chart is up-to-date, PCC EHR can automatically warn you about drug allergies as you prescribe, create lists of patients based on allergies, and display custom alerts to users whenever they work with a patient’s chart.
- Watch this quick guide to learn how to set up staff and clinicians in your office to use the e-prescribing features in PCC EHR.
- Before a clinician or staff member can prescribe medications or modify a patient’s medication information, they must have PCC eRx enabled on their user account in PCC EHR. Follow the procedure in this article below to enable PCC eRx for providers or any staff at your practice. When you are ready to set up a […]
- Watch this video to learn how to prescribe medications in PCC eRx in PCC EHR 8.0, coming to all practices in 2017.
- Use the Rx Queue to sign prescriptions and approve renewal requests that are waiting for review in PCC EHR 8.0, coming to pediatric practices in 2017.
- Watch this video to learn how to work with drug allergies in PCC 8.0, coming to pediatric practices in 2017.
- Use the Rx Queue in PCC EHR to work with alternate prescription workflows. You can quickly respond to renewal requests, sign agent prescriptions, and finalize pending prescriptions.
- Weight-based dosing and other prescription adjustments and prescribing tools in PCC EHR 8.0, coming to pediatric practices in 2017.
- An overview of the Medication History in PCC eRx, and how to use it to both review patient information and update current meds in PCC EHR 8.0, coming to pediatric practices in 2017.
- Learn how to edit, add, remove, and manage your prescription favorites in PCC eRx.
- Contents1 Administrator: Order EPCS Tokens For Your Practice2 Administrator: Authorize Prescribers and Begin Their Enrollment3 Prescriber: Set Your EPCS Password, Perform ID Proofing, and Register Your Tokens4 Administrator and Prescriber Together: Finalize EPCS Activation Together5 Prescriber: Prescribe EPCS6 Prescriber: Manage Your Tokens Later7 Video ID Proofing Process8 Use Your Apple Watch as an EPCS Token […]
- At every visit, you ask patients what medications they are on. In PCC EHR, you can quickly review and update the chart record of a patient's medications. Special medication history features and tools make prescribing faster.
- The new PCC eRx is going to improve your practice’s prescribing workflow and save you hundreds of hours. However, learning a new tool takes time! This article includes training tips and important migration and implementation considerations.
- Watch this video to learn how to turn on EPCS access, register a prescriber, and how to register tokens.
- Special tips and features of each component in the PCC eRx section of a patient's chart.
- Your practice can create custom medication entries to make it easier to find and prescribe non-standard prescriptions or instructions, such as the "magic mouthwash" compound, a particular piece of medical equipment or supply, or your practice's preferred albuterol inhaler dosing.
- How to create Custom Medication Items in PCC eRx.
- Working with favorites in PCC eRx
- PCC's Morgan Ellixson-Boyea walks through some of the powerful features in PCC eRx, including favorites, weight-based dosing, custom dosing statements, and more.
- Configure alerts and warnings in PCC eRx.