If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
- In this video, PCC's Lynne Gratton teaches Partner's account editor, the Family Editor (fame).
- In this video, PCC's Lynne Gratton teaches you how to use Partner's Patient Editor (notjane).
- This is a placeholder for the article excerpt, a one or two sentence summary.
- If your office has created duplicate patients or family accounts, you may need to merge them. Merging two patients combines data and saves a single set of basic demographic information. Merging two accounts combines the account billing and charge data so that it appears all of it occurred under one account.
- Follow the procedure below to learn the basics of the Patient Editor,
- The notes screens in the Family Editor (
fame) and Patient Editor (
notjane) are useful places to store information about interactions with patients or families. If you have an unusual billing situation with a family, you might use the notes screen in
fameto store details.
- Before patients can be scheduled or procedures can be posted, you need to add the patients and their family account(s) to Partner. This section will guide you through a basic procedure for adding a new patient and a family account: try to find the patient, add the patient, and then add the family (if they are new to your practice).
- Partner is a family billing system. It stores information about every patient, but it also stores a database of accounts, or "families." A family account may be the custodian of the patient, the bill-payer for the patient (the "guarantor"), or both. Three siblings may all have one family account serving as both guarantor and custodian. That family account will be listed in Partner under a parent's name. Alternatively, children from a divorced family may have one family account assigned as the guarantor and a different account assigned as the custodian.
- Follow the procedure below to learn the basics of the Family Editor,
- Finding a patient or an account is the first step to many actions in Partner. Whenever you wish to post a payment, check an immunization record, or update demographic information, you must first find the relevant patient or account.
- Partner's Family Editor (
fame) and Patient Editor (
notjane) programs can handle the many different kinds of families and billing situations your office encounters. The policy screen, visible in the Patient Editor and other programs, stores the insurance policy record for each patient.
- Use the Demographics section of a patient's chart to review and edit patient and family demographics, such as patient information, contact information, insurance policies, and siblings.