If the video does not start automatically, view it here.
- Here are some related articles in Billing and Practice Management > Bill Insurance > Clinical Tasks > Send a Visit to Billing:
- PCC automatically checks insurance eligibility for all of a scheduled patient's active insurance plans, if the carriers support automated eligibility. You can use eligibility features in PCC to review and confirm eligibility for upcoming appointments. You can also review and re-check a patient's insurance eligibility status during Patient Check-In.
- When insurance carriers send payment and adjustment information, either on an EOB or an ERA, they often include a code with a small message. These codes are known as CARC values, or Claim Adjustment Reason Codes, and they are an industry-wide standard.
- Every insurance claim in Partner has a unique identification number. The number appears in various Partner reports and programs, and you can use it to improve claim tracking and payment posting.
- Follow this procedure to prepare and send claims.
- Partner's insurance billing tools help submit claims, review rejections, and work down your insurance accounts receivable. Partner helps you maximize the use of your time as you pursue proper insurance reimbursement.
- Hopefully most of your claims are submitted electronically. Some claims must still be printed on paper, however. The procedure above provides the basics. This section describes additional details and options in the
- The medical biller's job would be easier if accounts paid on time and insurance companies reimbursed the correct amount. Unfortunately, accounts build up balances and credits and insurance companies overpay, underpay, and demand "takebacks."
- While charting a visit in PCC EHR, you can use the Bill feature to edit an electronic encounter form and send procedures and diagnoses to the Partner billing system for patient checkout. The sections below describe the billing procedure, how to review what was billed, and how to configure the electronic encounter form.
- Follow the procedure below to send procedures and diagnoses from PCC EHR to the Partner Checkout (
- After you bill a visit in PCC EHR, you can return to the patient chart and review what was sent to the
- Use the Billing Configuration tool to configure billing behaviors of procedures and diagnoses and the Billing screen in PCC EHR. Follow the procedures below to open the Billing Configuration tool and make changes.
- If a secondary insurance requires the EOB from the primary, or any claim requires a certificate of medical necessity, discharge summary, or other clinical documentation, you can add attachment codes to a visit’s charges, generate a unique attachment ID, and specify the attachment type and method.